Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Do I Need A Lawyer?

It is amazing the things one needs to consider when teaching. I showed my wife the series of e-mails that went back and forth between me and the student who ultimately never handed in his paper and complained about his grade. My wife suggested I keep a copy of the e-mails in case the student wants to bring the issue to a higher authority.

I truly believe the college would support me, but it makes you wonder just when you might want to talk to a lawyer. Maybe teachers should have a lawyer ready just in case, maybe a Criminal Attorneys Los Angeles | Southern California DUI, Felony, Misdemeanor Lawyers.