Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Need A Vacation

In addition to grading papers and final speeches, I am also grading journals. It is a requirement for Public Speaking that every student keep a journal.

It is amazing how many students indicate in their journals that they now need a vacation. On the one hand, I do understand this feeling but on the other, I wonder what it will be like when the students are out in the ‘Real World’ and will have all sorts of additional pressures.

Still, for those who say they need a vacation, I hope they are able to take one and that they enjoy it. And, for those who wonder how they will be able to pay for it (if it is not being paid for by their folks), I hope they are able to find the necessary Vacation Loans