Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Interesting Speeches

It is always interesting to me what speeches ultimately fascinate a class and what speeches they do not find particularly interesting. Today in class, one of my Japanese exchange students spoke and talked about how to count to ten in Japanese and how to put some simple Japanese statements together. It was a good speech and the class was fascinated. I was surprised that you could hear a pin drop, it was so quiet.

A second student gave a speech about picking the right web host for a business or personal site. Again, I found this speech fascinating but the students were not into it. Perhaps when they end up working or if they go into business for themselves, they may feel differently and even rely on some of the information about making the correct web hosting chioce, but for today, that was not the case.

By the way, both speeches deserve an ‘A’.