Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Sigh Of Relief (I Think)!

Yesterday evening I got home and checked my registration numbers. The second class was still listed and had eight students listed as being registered. What I did not know was if the eighth student had registered in time or if the class had been cancelled already.

I got an e-mail from the secretary this afternoon. She told me that they came very close to cancelling the class but due to the heroic efforts of the dean of the campus center (he really is a great guy), they did not. They decided to revisit the enrollment numbers tomorrow (Friday).

When this decision was made, the secretary let me know that there were seven or eight students registered and by the time she sent me the e-mail, enrollment was at nine. When I checked I saw that another student had registered, bringing the total to 10 registered students.

I am tempted to send all ten students and e-mail and tell them that if they do drop the class they should wait until Monday, so I will know the class is going. It seems probable that this class will ultimately go but I will definitely fell better when I get the official word. Right now, I am going to go on the assumption that it will go. I’ll keep you posted.