Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Friday, August 3, 2007

A Headache

Today is one of those days I am very glad we are in the middle of summer and I do not have to teach. I am fighting a massive headache. I am prone to headaches but the ones like this, where breathing, driving, slight movements and even sitting still hurt, are few and far between (Thank goodness).

If I had to drive to campus today, deliver a lesson plan, or worse yet, have to listen to students speak, it would be driving me nuts (just typing this hurts). These are all things that I love about teaching, and I hate feeling this way. I am just going to take off early from the office and lie down and see if I can get myself back to normal (or as normal as I can be).

If I were teaching today, I would not be able to do this (yes, I one of those people who shows up no matter what – well almost no matter what). So, today is one of those day, where if I need to have this kind of headache, works out well.

Time to get some sleep.