Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Catching Up

I t looks like the second class will go, as I am up to 12 students. This is a good thing, but it also means all those things I had been holding off on, waiting to see if the class will go, I now have to get done. With the semester starting on Monday, and one of my classes starting on Monday with the other one on Tuesday, I will be spending my weekend doing such things.

I need to find a copy of the survey I want to distribute and print out copies. I need to do the same thing with the rules for evaluations, as I require my students not only to give speeches, but to evaluate each other. The biggest time consumer will be getting things set up on line. I do not do a lot of things on line but I can post a copy of my syllabus there and set up topics for discussions.

I do have my PowerPoint Presentation all set to go for my Monday, Wednesday, Friday class, but I now have to put one together for my Tuesday, Thursday class. It always amazes me, no matter how much I do ahead of time, the scrambling that takes place last minute before the semester starts. You would think I would be used to it by now but I keep deceiving myself into believing I will have all of it done ahead of time.

Oh well, that is what next year is for.