Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Blogvertise

There are a number of things I love about teaching. One of these is the unexpected surprises that occur. That may sound a little strange, but it is true. Yes, of course there are the annoying surprises that occur, the ones you wish never happened, but the majority of them are ‘nice’ surprises.

Being recognized by the college, seeing things click with a student that is having trouble, watching the creativity of my students are all things that have, at times, happened unexpectedly, and have been very enjoyable. The other day, I had another ‘nice’ surprise, that in a way is related to teaching.

A friend of mine who has read some of my blog posts asked me if I was familiar with the blogvertise website (www.blogvertise.com ). I had not heard of the site and he told me I should check it out. I did so and was very impressed, it was an unexpected surprise.

The site, www.blogvertise.com, actually pays you to review website products and services. You do not need to say positive things (although it does have to be written in a professional manner). The assignments, as best I understand, are for products and services that are related to your blog topic. In effect, this means I can get paid to write a blog entry about a topic I might very well blog about anyway. Talk about an unexpected surprise.

The website itself is laid out well. I found it very helpful to click on the FAQ links to get a better idea of exactly how this works. That link is available on the home page. Also on the home page, you can register a blog with them, free of charge. When you log into their site, if you click on the help page link, there is other useful information.

They tell you that after you submit a website to them, they will decide if they should approve or deny your site within 24 hours. They did that with me. My blog has been around for about a month and they approved it. I encourage you, especially if you have a blog, to check out their website at www.blogvertise.com