Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Technology To The Rescue

I pride myself on being able to find non-traditional methods to help make points to students. I enjoy being able to use examples from the movies and television to show them examples of various aspects that apply to public speaking (such as using the emotional appeal in a persuasive speech- or argument). Often times, I have to schlep DVD's and Video Tapes back and forth. Fortunately, things like YouTube often help and make it easier as I can find snippets of things I have used. Recently, I found a new source to be helpful as I can find Free TV Online. Since I have been known to use clips from I Love Lucy and Batman, among others, I can just click on the link to classic TV shows (or shows from a certain decade), and I have exactly what I need.

Technology is wonderful.