Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Syllabus Time

I am debating if by teaching the summer class it will make things easier for the fall semester or not. I recently received an e-mail letting me know that I needed to submit electronically my copy of attendance and of my grade book (I had previously submitted my grades but the department needs a copy). I took care of that today and got a friendly reminder that now that I have taken care of everything I need to do for the summer class, I have to submit my syllabus for the fall semester shortly. Although it should not have, this caught me off guard. Perhaps it is a good thing that I am jumping from one thing to the next. Perhaps, however, it would be more helpful if I had a little more of a break. I am still debating this.