Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Making The Job Easier

It is amazing how technology can make our jobs easier as instructors. There are, of course, the obvious items such as the computer and word processor, which make it easier and quicker to type of documents. There are other items as well. For instance, when I started feeling carpal tunnel symptoms, I knew if this became a major issue I could find software that allowed me to speak and it would type what I said. When I started experiencing serious back problems, I knew there were Massage Chairs that could make it easier for me to sit at my computer and type critiques, lesson plans, or anything else I needed to take care of. Such chairs have been a godsend for me and enabled me to do work when otherwise I might not have been able to do so.