Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Syllabus Corrections

It is always interesting updating my syllabus for each semester. For the most part it stays the same from semester to semester but there are always tweaks that I make to the syllabus. As I was reviewing the syllabus for the upcoming fall semester, I caught a mistake that would have been humorous if I left alone (or the students would have decided I just wasn't that intelligent. I have something in my syllabus that talks about what happens in the unlikely event that school is canceled due to inclement weather. For the summer class I taught, I added a parenthetical comment about how it would be even more unlikely because it was a summer class. Fortunately, I caught this “mistake” and removed that comment from the syllabus.