Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Finished!

I realize that we are in mid-January. I realize the semester ends in December. Still, I have just finished everything I needed to do for the previous semester and it feels great. It is not as though I was procrastinating either.

As many of you may know, one of the classes I taught was actually comprised of high school seniors and it did not end until the first week in January. The way the schedule worked out, we had one class after the Christmas/New Year’s Holidays. The students needed to turn in a few things on that day.

Not surprisingly, some of the students were not back into the routine when classes resumed and I did give them an extra week to get things to me. So, I needed to get all the papers that had to be graded, grade them, enter everything into a spreadsheet and submit my final grades. It has been done.

In the meantime, while I was waiting for things to be handed in to me, I got my course syllabi for the upcoming semester completed. I set up the information I want the students to be able to access on line. I got everything I needed to do for the Spring Semester taken care of.

I may only have a week (a week and a day if you want to get technical) before the new semester starts, but now I have everything done and I get a chance to relax. I plan on taking full advantage of this week.