Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Coming Into Focus

As I enter the second week of classes, things are starting to come into focus. I am close to memorizing the names of all my students (54 in all between the three classes I am teaching). I pride myself on getting to know who my students are quickly. I am beginning to learn who the talkers are and who needs a little bit of coaxing. Fortunately I have a number of students who, at least during the early stages, seem to enjoy voicing their opinions, relevant to the topic.

Having recently needed to purchase bifocals, I truly enjoy it when things come into focus and realize and appreciate the importance of this more and more. Like with an education, I also recognize the every increasing prices of glasses. It is nice there are places like Zenni Optical: Sell Rx Glasses $8 with case! (sponsoring this post), which help keep costs in line.

Just like students choosing classes, they have a number of different types of frames so you can find what is best for you.