Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Lessons From The Past

It is amazing how things which happened years ago can still have an impact on one’s life. I remember when my wife and I were moving to a new apartment and I ended up needing a truck rental. Driving such a vehicle was not my idea of fun and I keep driving at a snails pace because I was not comfortable with a rental truck; it was too big.

Having the opportunity to drive something smaller, or even pay someone to do the move for me was the lesson I learned and since that time, when moves have needed to take place, I’ve learned from my previous occurrence. It is that same approach I hope I bring to the classroom, willing to learn from things I’ve done in the past.