Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm Old

I have come to the conclusion that I am old. Okay, that really is something I have known for a while but every so often something happens that makes you face this kind of realization anew. As one can probably tell by reading this blog, I enjoy politics. I have written entries about the convention, convention speeches and how certain moves have played out. As a result, I was looking forward to SNL yesterday.

Even after Obama pulled out from his guest appearance, there had been a lot of talk about how SNL would handle Sarah Palin. As many observers guessed, that role went to Tina Fey. While I haven’t watched SNL (or Saturday Night Live, as it called when I first started watching it—with the original cast), I was intrigued and wanted to see how this would come off. I was curious to see what bits they would include and if there might be any slight indication of a preference for one candidate or the other.

There was a time when, staying up to watch a show that started at 11:30PM was no big deal. Now, faced with having to get a son out in the morning, teaching religious school on Sunday and needing to function, and just my age and the amount of sleep I need, I was unable to stay up to watch the show.

As I said, I’m old!