Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Hunting

Isn’t the internet wonderful. A couple of days ago I blogged about how I was not able to stay up and watch the Tina Fay spoof on Sarah Palin on SNL. A friend left a reply and told me that I could find the skit on hulu.com. As a result, I was able to watch the bit.

First, due to the internet, I was able to place an entry on a blog and have it available to anyone who checked it out. Second, I can get a response. Because of technology, that clip can know be found on the internet and I was able to watch it. And, if you have not seen it, it is worth checking out.

What it points out is a point I frequently make to my classes. Due to the technology that is available, we now have access to information which we never did before. The information is available 24-7.

Yes, it is important to make sure make sure the information is accurate. Certainly it is easier to spread misinformation these days because of the internet too. Still, information can be checked and it is easier to find the information.

So, whether you are looking for the spoof on Palin, information for a speech or paper, or just some other type of information, I wish you Happy Hunting