Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Hits 4 Pay

You may notice a new ad on the side of this site for Hits4Pay. I recently learned of this site and have figured a number of ways to work it into lectures next semester. First of all, what is this site. Answer, it is a site that sends you e-mails to read and simply by clicking on them and letting them play for 60 seconds, you make two cents. You also end up making one cent for every e-mail that someone you refer to the site reads and you make one cent for everyone that person refers to the site. There is even a $10 bonus for registering. So, how do I work this into my class? In a number of ways.

First off, I may suggest this to some students who are looking to make money. This could enable them to make some money while not taking much of their time so they can concentrate on my class. This is actually the least likely way for it to work into my lectures, but there are other possibilities.

More importantly, I see this as a great opportunity to talk about verifying the authenticity of information. How many times have you read something like this and thought it was just a scheme, and most times you would be right. I found out about this by reading a blog a friend of mine recommended. This friend has actually had e-mail correspondence with the owner of the blog to which he referred me. The owner of the blog has also exposed other sites that do scheme. In addition, there is nothing one has to pay to register with this site. Honestly, speaking from experience, if you just register and do nothing else, you have just made $10. So, in terms of verifying your information, I think this works in quite nicely. I can also use it in terms of demonstration speeches and persuasive speeches, as well as informative speeches, but that information is for another post.