Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Weight Loss

My college, like many others from what I understand, is having a weight loss competition. Groups of four people get together and form a team. Each week they have weigh-ins and e-mail the results of how each team is doing.

While I could use to lose some weight, I really do not want to go about it in this type of forum. In addition, while I do have some school spirit, as an adjunct, I really do not feel the urge to support this type of event. I will look to lose weight on my own, through an established eating program. If that does not work than I can consult the lapband doctor and see about surgery if it becomes a necessity.

For now, I wish the competitors well and I am glad I’m not one of them.