Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Where Has The Time Gone?

On Tuesday, I will be returning to class following the Thanksgiving recess (along with, I hope, the rest of the class). As I was checking my syllabus to see what I had left to cover, I found it amazing to realize that there are only four more class sessions—three of which are for final speeches. Where has the time gone?

Somehow it felt like I had more than this. Somehow, it felt like those students who had missed a speech had more time to make it up. While some of the reasons are legitimate, students better be prepared to speak when we come back and hope I can squeeze in the speech because it is going to be tight. If they are not ready to speak when I call on them (if I can swing it), they will not be getting credit for the speech.

Still, this is a good class and I think the majority of people will be able to make up the work. This is one of those classes that I have thoroughly enjoyed teaching.