Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Hoping For The Best

I had high hopes that my trick worked to reel in my talkative class and get them to pay attention. After telling them I would raise the grades by half a letter if behavior shaped up, the next class session things improved dramatically. After that, the following session was slightly better than things had been. At this point, it is back to what it had been.

I doubt that I am going to be able to fully reel them back in but I do have a few tricks up my sleeve. The main thing is, I need to plan on each one lasting for one to two sessions and then move on to something new. I am willing to try and see what happens. I do not hold out as much hope as I once did but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.