Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Leave A Message

I have a policy of giving my students my home number and my cell phone number. This way they cannot claim they were unable to reach me if a situation occurs and keeps them from getting to class (especially if the student is supposed to give a speech). Most of the time, however, if there is a number I do not recognize on my cell phone, I let it go to Voice Mail. I really do not want to be distracted from what I am doing at that time. Sometimes a message is not left. I have found Phone Lookup Investigator to be very helpful in such cases. This way I can find out if it is someone I need to callback or if I can just ignore it. Still, I would prefer if they simply left a message.