Teaching as an adjunct can be a lot of fun. It is also challenging. As I have encountered a number of situations, I realize such a blog can be helpful, both to me and to others.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Overload

When the semester started I was all excited about having a one hour and 20 minute break between by two classes on Tuesday and Thursday. I figured that I am not getting enough exercise and I could use the time to go out for a walk. Oh, the best laid plans of mice and men…

Right now the day job is so hectic, I do not have time to take care of everything that I need to. I am supposed to have a program ready to go by Wednesday, End of Day. Even if I were putting full time in from the office and extra time from home, there is not enough time to do this. The client, of course, does not want to hear.

Since the software is only on my office and home computer, I cannot do anything between my two classes for the day job. Instead, I am putting all my time in the office (and even at home) into this program and then working on my school work between classes.

I really get frustrated with clients who are completely irrational with demands. I wanted to start this program a couple of weeks ago but my client said “no” because their client said to hold off. Now it is crunch time and no one is listening to the fact that this is the clients fault and that I honestly have my doubts about being ready for rollout tomorrow evening.

I am not sure what will happen, but it promises to be interesting. Hopefully, once this is out of the way, I can put more of my time back into the schoolwork.